Searching for basketball shoes that fit right into your feet is not at all an easy task. Proper fitting is linked to the overall performance of the player on the ground. Therefore, it is important that the player rationally chose the type of basketball shoes that are most comfortable for him during the game.
The most important thing to check in a basketball shoe is the traction or grip that a particular shoe provides to the feet of the player. Higher the traction of the shoe, greater will be the chances that the player will perform two times better than if play while wearing shoes that have no traction on the player’s feet. Therefore, the choice of best traction basketball shoes is very critical, especially for the professional players. This is the main characteristic of the player’s shoes that can make or break his performance. This is why it should be given utmost attention while buying a pair for yourself.
Fortunately, there are many basketball shoes manufacturing companies that have stepped forward in the last few years and have also addressed the problem of lack of traction in the basketball shoes. Given below is the complete description of five best traction basketball shoes that a player who plays basketball professionally can choose from.
Under Armour Men's Drive 4 Basketball Shoe
- Breathable, lightweight textile upper
- Full-length bootie construction with molded ankle collar for greater structure, extended support & a snug, comfortable fit
- External heel counter provides additional support & keeps the back of the foot locked in place
- Toe wrap improves forefoot flexibility
- Durable, reinforced lace loops
NIKE Kyrie 3 BHM 'BHM' - 852415-001
- 100% Authentic
- Black, White-white
Nike Hyperdunk 2017 917726-600 University Red/Silver Men's Basketball Shoes
Under Armour Curry 4 Men's Basketball
- Under Armour
- Team Royal/White
NIKE Men's Kobe A.D. Basketball Shoe
- Half-length mesh bootie provides ventilation for the foot and a comfortable fit
- Flywire cables keep the foot firmly locked down even during the most strenuous movements
- Low-top design doesn't restrict movement and allows for ankle flexibility
- Lunarlon foam midsole provides soft, premium cushioning and comfort for a smooth ride and comfortable landings
- Zoom Air unit in the heel provides responsive cushioning that lets your explosive athleticism shine
Under Armour Men’s Drive 4 Basketball Shoes
- Under Armour Drive 4 have sole that is made of rubber.
- They are made in a particular way, called full-length bootie construction.
- There is a proper wrap around the toes in Under Armour Drive 4 basketball shoes.
- These Under Armour Drive 4 basketball shoes have balancing lace loops.
- There is an external heel counter in Under Armour Drive 4 basketball shoes.
Under Armour Drive four basketball shoes are known for the extraordinary traction they provide to the player’s feet. Right traction is very important as the player would otherwise not be able to play in the field. Losing grip does not allow the player to perform efficiently, but with the introduction of the Under Armour Drive 4 basketball shoes to the market, the usual problem of conventional basketball shoes is controlled.
- Under Armour Drive 4 basketball shoes are very light in weight.
- Breathing for feet is easy while wearing these shoes.
- The flexibility of the stuff of which Under Armour Drive 4 basketball shoes are made of makes them fit easily into the player’s feet.
- These shoes are extraordinarily durable and long lasting.
- The structure of the shoes provides extra support to the feet.
- The main disadvantage that most players feel about Under Armour Drive 4 basketball shoes is that their return in the case of misfit is very difficult.
- The breathability of the player feet is poor due to lack of mesh.
Nike Kyrie 3
- Nike Kyrie 3 basketball shoes are made from 100 percent authentic material.
- The sole is made from rubber.
- The back of the heel wraps the whole feet quite effectively.
- Nike Kyrie 3 basketball shoes are extremely light in weight because of the material they are made with.
- The lace loops are quite balanced.
Nike Kyrie 3 basketball shoes are known as the best traction basketball shoes because of the superb grip on the feet of the player. These shoes come in various colors, styles, and sizes to fit into the feet of players belonging to any age group. These shoes have all the characteristics that are needed by a professional player for making his performance thrilling and exciting for himself, as well as for the audience.
- Nike Kyrie 3 basketball shoes are quite comfortable because of the soft material they are made of.
- The shoe is designed in a way that makes it completely flexible and helps in the adjustment of feet.
- Nike Kyrie 3 provides support to the back of the feet, thereby improves the performance of the player in the field.
- Nike Kyrie 3 makes breathing very easy for the player’s feet.
- These shoes are very durable, that means, the player would face a long time to replace the shoes with the new ones.
- The high cost of Nike Kyrie 3 basketball shoes is the only con attached to the product.
- The shoes do not fulfill the expert criteria of the shoe heel cushioning.
Nike Hyperdunk Flyknit
- Nike Hyperdunk Flyknit basketball shoes as the name suggest is made from Flyknit material.
- They use Flywire cables to support the lace loops even more than the conventional Nike shoes.
- The sole is essentially made from rubber.
- Nike Hyperdunk Flyknit basketball shoes are synthetic.
- There is an introduction of spring sensation in Nike Hyperdunk Flyknit basketball shoes.
Nike Hyperdunk Flyknit basketball shoes are known for their best overall performance. This is the main reason why they are counted among the best traction basketball shoes, as they might not be good at anything but as a whole, these shoes offer extraordinary features. This is the reason why most of the professional basketball players chose to wear Nike Hyperdunk Flyknit basketball shoes.
- Nike Hyperdunk Flyknit basketball shoes improve the speed of the player in the field because of proper grip.
- They are super comfortable shoes due to the amazing stuff they are made from.
- The stability of the shoes is another highlighted feature.
- Nike Hyperdunk Flyknit basketball shoes provide better cushioning than the conventional pair of shoes.
- It protects the feet of basketball players from impact when they fall on the ground or when another player accidentally steps on to the player’s feet.
- The only con attached to the Nike Hyperdunk Flyknit basketball shoes is that it fails to satisfy the critics about the cushioning ability of the shoes.
- The ventilation of the shoes or the breathability is very poor.
Under Armour Curry 4
- Under Armour Curry 4 are meshed Basketball Shoes.
- The sole is entirely made from rubber.
- Under Armour Curry 4 are of a special design that allows a change in direction with minimum lag.
- They are made with firm cushioning material.
- Under Armour Curry 4 offer wrap to entire feet.
Under Armour Curry 4 are the best traction basketball shoes that provide grip all around the heel. This wrapping makes the movements easy for the player. Also, these shoes are opposite to the older and disappointed version with some additions regarding color, style, and sizes.
- Under Armour Curry 4 basketball shoes have very accurate fitting in player’s feet.
- They are extremely durable due to the rubber sole.
- Under Armour Curry 4 are very responsive and allow the player to change direction quickly without slowing down the speed.
- These shoe pairs are best for quick guard purpose.
- Due to tight traction, the Under Armour Curry 4 basketball shoes are highly stable.
- Under Armour Curry 4 basketball shoes are considered as perfect for players except that they do not provide enough protection against impacts.
- The price is very high.
Nike Kobe AD Mid
- Nike Kobe AD Mid basketball shoes are entirely synthetic.
- They have a rubber sole.
- The use of flywire cables is used in the lace loops.
- The heels of Nike Kobe AD Mid basketball shoes have zoom air units.
- The design of Nike Kobe AD Mid basketball shoes is low-top that has many advantages.
Nike Kobe AD Mid basketball shoes are known for providing phenomenal traction to the player’s feet. They are counted among the best traction basketball shoes because of the extraordinary options it provides to its customers. These include a variety of colors, designs, styles, and sizes.
- Nike Kobe AD Mid basketball shoes provide solid support to the feet of the player.
- Due to proper cushioning of the shoe sole, the player can make different movements in the ground.
- Nike Kobe AD Mid basketball shoes provide a smooth ride to the player because of the soft sole that feels very close to the ground.
- The feet are firmly locked into the shoes that help the player change direction suddenly.
- Nike Kobe AD Mid basketball shoes provide great flexibility to the ankle of the player.
- Nike Kobe AD Mid basketball shoes are a little tight that make the movements uncomfortable for the players.
- Ventilation of the Nike Kobe AD Mid basketball shoes is not up to the mark.
Important Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Traction Basketball Shoes
Basketball is the very energetic support that involves sudden movements, changes in direction, and fast speed. All these skills are needed by a player to join this game at the national level in any country. The key to the attainment of these skills is the comfort of the player’s feet, which in return is associated with the shoes.
The designing and styling of basketball shoes are very important. Many features must be taken in to account by the player while buying the basketball shoes. Along with the size of the shoes, the traction or grip of basketball shoes is very important because only if the player would feel that his shoes are stable, then the best performance will come out. For buying the best traction basketball shoes, following points must be kept in mind. Given below is the description of each feature.
Upper Wrap Traction in Basketball Shoes
This is one of the main things to consider while buying the basketball shoes. The best traction basketball shoes always have proper upper wrap support that allows the player to feel stable while playing. This is a source of extra support to the ankle of the player. This added support is needed most by the players who like to play in the center or front of the basketball ground.
Mid-Tops Traction in Basketball Shoes
The mid-tops traction support provides additional coverage to the central portion of the shoes that allow the player to change direction easily. As a result of this, the overall performance improves as the player can now make movements of his desire without the fear of an injury to the foot, especially the ankles. Therefore, always make sure that you buy the best traction basketball shoes. That supports the middle portion of your feet as well.
Low-Top Traction in Basketball Shoes
The low-top traction support of basketball shoes is needed by the player who wants to improve their speed of running around in the ground. Along with the middle and upper ankle support, the lower-tops do not provide support to the ankle, but they have their role in stabilizing the feet of a player in the ground. The best traction basketball shoes have this characteristic which the buyer must look for otherwise there would be a loss in performance and the game at the end of the day.
After the selection of basketball shoes, the next important point to consider is the material of which the shoes are made from and at the end the size of the shoes according to the feet of the player.
Benefits of having the Best Traction Basketball Shoes
Excellent Execution of Movements
If the basketball shoes have the right traction pattern, then the player would be able to make the right movements during the game at the right time. Also, the ability of the player to execute the intended movement in the right way would be much more accurate if he is using the best traction basketball shoes.
More Confidence and Attitude
The player wearing the right type of basketball shoes that provide him the liberty to make a different type of movements and are comfortable at the same time will improve the level of confidence in him. This is because the performance of the player would be far better than it used to be with the cheaper and poor traction basketball shoes.
Maximum Cushioning Effect on Feet
The basketball shoes with best traction pattern will have a cushioning effect on the feet of the player. As the sole is made from rubber and the traction pattern is so fine that the player would feel at ease while playing as if there is some cushion beneath his feet that is continuously supporting his feet.
Minimum Risk of Injury
The player wearing the best traction basketball shoes will have least chances of injury. This is because the basketball shoes that have proper traction pattern support the heel, ankle and the base of the player’s feet. As a result of this, the player will never fail to execute the right movements, as a result of which there would be no chance of injury because the traction pattern will support the feet and keep the shoes in a stabilized form.
FAQs on the Best Traction Basketball Shoes
Is it possible for me to maintain the traction of my basketball shoes?
There is a simple tactic that a player can use to maintain the traction of his basketball shoes. Firstly, try to wipe your shoes as much as possible after each game because the pattern of traction becomes shallow as the player plays in the ground. Secondly, buy a traction mat that helps in removing the dust and other things clinging to the traction pattern areas.
What are the best traction basketball shoes that perform well on courts that are too dusty?
Well for your basketball shoes to perform well even in dusty courts, you need to buy the basketball shoes that have traction pattern with large grooves. These large grooves will not allow the dust to settle in and thus helps you play the best shot or make a great movement in the ground.
What is the best traction pattern of basketball shoes?
To be very honest there is no single patent for traction that can be declared as the best one as they are a large number of patterns that are considered as best ones by experts. The indication of bet traction pattern, however, is that it should be multi-directional.
Can traction basketball shoes save me from slipping during the game?
Yes definitely. The purpose of the traction pattern beneath the basketball shoe sole is to provide stability in movements of the player in the ground. As the movements are stable, there are no chances for the player to slip during the game.
No wonder that the selection of best traction basketball shoes is a hectic task, but at the end of the day it is all for the benefit of the player using it. If the traction of the shoes is not up to the mark, then the overall performance of the player would be dull because he will continuously feel uncomfortable and thus would be unable to perform well.
Therefore, consider the option that is given above, especially for the people who are new in this game and want to buy a good pair for themselves to get a great start. The price range is obviously high, but these shoes are worth paying for in the long run.